Thursday, May 1, 2008

Three Lives ... Part -III

******
Sanjay
******

They say that it’s 80% motivation and only 20% brawn power and etcetera which makes success possible. Napoleon di Buonaparte lost in the war or Waterloo not because of strong coalition forces but due to low motivation of his army in bitter cold of Russia.The self motivated people in this country are as rare as Bose or Azad.

When he came along with me first time for shopping, his face looked familiar. I didn’t ask much about him thinking that he will feel bad as he looked comfortable and confident in coming along(more over I don’t know what’s wrong with me but most of the faces look familiar to me nowadays, specially the people from Venus :-)), in contrary to the other available assistors in the house, whose first facial reaction is generally “NOT AGAIN.”

He was there with me the whole day helping, arranging the stuffs for the function which was merely 2 days away. At one time sitting with bags and containers on Riksha, another time holding bags behind me on the bike; he was a great doer and helper.
Next day noon, when some labor monitoring job (The most difficult one, “Great Lord, It’s difficult to get work done through laborers from north as they need Khaini break, on every 15 minutes”) was commanded to me I was as nervous as my first day in my college campus. I looked towards Sanjay; he gave me a gentle “I WILL HANDLE THAT” nod. To my amazement the work was done in afternoon which everybody was expecting (looking at the pace and 15 minute break things of the laborers) to be done till evening. “He knows how to handle these men” commented my father when I appreciated Sanjay’s proactiveness and assistance.

The very thought that came in my mind was, “perhaps he was a right man at wrong place and job.” The corporate world hunt for the people like him who are Doers and problem solvers and of course very rare to find now a days. At work the point which I mention to my team is “You all are hired, not to come and tell the problem (as most of us do, when we face some obstacle at work) but to find the solution and solve it.” As it has been wisely said "world is not interested in storms you encountered but in whether you brought the ship in safely."

Sanjay is from my native village, few years back when he was badly clawed in a property dispute by his relatives, that’s when my father stood with him and helped him (with the influence of Big guns of village) and till this day, he comes to meet and stand with my father whenever he hears that he is visiting village.


to be continued .....

No comments: