Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lady with the Hat


Last afternoon when I was hurrying from one software factory to another in my company campus (Yes, we call our office premises as campus. It sounds phony but nice way to remind us our college campus :) ) I saw a lady colleague wearing a voguish lady hat. She was cycling hastily, with her one hand on her head, trying to stop her hat from flying away and other on the cycle handle, trying to balance it.

We don’t see such picturesque moment everyday of our life and specially at work place. But there was something strange (in a nice way), different and lithe in the way she was carrying herself. Her hat resembled the ladies hats of the early years of last century of United Kingdom when wearing hat was the symbol of ladyship.

Now a days if someone tries wearing trendy (man or female, any gender) people make their faces and call it phony. To illustrate, the new Gajini hair style, whenever someone with that hairstyle passes through near our friend group it gives my friends a subject to gag about. I personally think that people with this hairstyle are more daring than my bunch, but there’s something which always flashes in front my eyes whenever this semi bald – liner style head passes near me. It reminds me of the German Concentration camps when cruel Nazis used to cut the hairs of people (both men and ladies) in those concentration camps with very similar, semi bald hair style. It was their trade mark kind of thing.

My apologies if I sounded over rude on this hairstyle.

But coming back to the Lady with the hat, dressed with subtle taste and demeanor, she didn’t look tacky at all.

She passed through like a wind, spreading aura antiquity. We don’t see such people very often.

She was a supernatural apparition who existed only for a moment and disappeared into the crowd of software engineers and jungle of software factories. But inspiring enough for the coming fresh year and ending noisy, troublesome and odious 2008.


************************* Wish you all a Gleeful 2009!!! ****************************

No comments: